Malo e lelei! (Hello)
Fefe hake? (How are you?)
Oku ou sai pe mo fiemohea lahi (I'm very tired)
So we have these role playing scenarios and in them we have to prepare lessons before hand and teach in Tongan. I am dropping my notes this week. That means I can't have any notes or anything when going into the lessons and honestly I'm trying to get the language down and the Lord knows. So this is what's cool, I have no idea what I'm saying, I'm just saying it and the Spirit is doing the rest of the work. I've gotten my "investigator" to feel the Spirit super strong to the point where he tears up. In the past two lessons my comp and I were the first to get him to commit to baptism.
I tried learning Kolipoki (Groberg) style the past few days and it's difficult but I feel like I'm learning things I wouldn't otherwise learn if I weren't reading from the scriptures.
I've had the opportunity to have many conversations with my teacher and also some of the elders in my district. One thing we talked about is the difference between having faith in someone and too much faith in someone to the point where the endeavor to have faith in them was foolish. Throughout my conversation I learned this, nothing is wrong with having too much faith in someone. As your faith and hope grows, so will your charity, and only when you allow those two to grow, can you build your charity. Charity is pure love and we read that it never fails so any love or care you give someone will never be in vain.
The other thing is to never be afraid of asking God what to ask for. I was wondering, since God has infinite blessings for us and all we have to do is ask, how do we know what to ask for? Do we wait until a situation to arise to receive a gift or a blessing? I think sometimes we should but if we feel like we haven't been blessed we can pray and he will either, one, not give us the blessing BUT will show us our blessings he gives us now or, two, give us what we ask for.
Dad, I'm glad you're my dad thank you for praying for me. Also, you can tell mom oku ou ofa ia koe. That means my love is in you and it's like more of a big deal than ofa atu (I love you). That's what my teacher said, and you only say that to your wife or girlfriend, haha, cool ya?

No comments:
Post a Comment