Monday, April 24, 2017



April 5th 2017


Hi, everyone! How are you all doing?? First of all, I apologize for not sending a group email over the past few times. I haven't gotten to use the internet for a while because of... issues (ie the bishop couldn't find the key to the office lol)  BUT I AM HERE NOW!

Ima be honest this past week has been one of the hardest weeks of my mission. Mostly spiritually. If I were to rate it on a scale from 1-10, I'd say a -8. Negative. Eight. No bueno. Things just haven't been going to plan and a few of the days we hardly got a teaching.
However, I am not here to complain. Cuz that's lame. What I wanted to share with all of you this day is something that I realized. And it is something I hope some of you can turn to when you need it.

To whoever is reading this and is feeling like they're too tired to carry on, too fed up to go forward or too hurt to push along, I ask of you to please, please, don't give up. Don't give up on striving to be perfect. Don't give up on someone or something if it becomes too difficult. Don't give up on trying your best every day. Please don't give up. When the winds blow too hard when the snow becomes too deep and you feel like you cannot carry on, call upon the Lord and ask for strength. I testify to you that the Lord will lift you up and He will help you pull your hand cart. All He asks is that you not give up. Please, do not give up. Life is gonna throw lemons at you, but what do you do? You open up a store that sells Roasted Lemon Chicken or Lemon shrimp pasta and for dessert Lemon Meringue Cake, frozen lemon pie, or lemon cheesecake to name a few. 
But what happens when you get too many lemons? You call another Chef aka the Lord to help you.

I know that the Lord loves each and everyone one of you. I hope the spirit is able to be with me and testify to you the truth and the sincerity that I am trying to convey to you all. Please do not give up on yourself or others or things when they get too hard. 

I love you all and if there is anything you need from me please let me know.
Ofa lahi atu kiate kimoutolu
Elder Mafi

April 23rd 2017

How are you all doing? I want to tell all of you that I love all you guys so much for those who are at home reading my emails and whatnot I love you guys and all the support you give me and my family. Thank you all so much. I know that the Lord is always in our lives blessing us and regardless of if we see it or not I know He always got our backs. 

This week I spent almost all of it in the hospital because my comp had a virus, thankfully he is alive now. 

Just a real quick little spiritual thought (cuz aye you know, I'm a missionary hahaha) 

Storytime. On one occasion I went on a hike/walk thing (cuz it was a pretty flat walk hahaha) 
anyway, at the beginning of the trail there is this long tunnel in this mountain and it goes on for two miles? and at the end, you can see a little light. And the light that poured in from that little dot in what seemed just open space, never grew wider until I was right there in the opening of the tunnel. All the time you hear the phrase "there is always a light at the end of a tunnel" you know? But what we sometimes forget that you will have to walk a long time. Like you still may not be able to see where you're going even when you're half way there. Or even yards from the end. The path may still be dark in front of you. 
As I was walking, however, I knew the direction I was going was right because I was facing the light. And by facing the light and taking the right steps it got me to the end. 
In life when we feel lost or feel like we are walking in the darkness, we may need to stop and turn around and face the light, we need to face towards the gospel. And as we take those right steps and progress forward towards the light, towards our Savior Jesus Christ not only will we come to know Him better, but we will meet Him.

Ofa lahi atu kamoutolu 
Love Elder Mafi




No comments:

Post a Comment